Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dating


I went on a date last night. Yes, I'm shocked too. I signed up for an online dating site, nothing fancy - it's one of the free ones, Plenty of Fish (or POF.com) - and took up chatting with a couple of guys. Tonight was the logical progression of one of those chats: the first date.

At 7PM, we met by the Eros statue at Piccadilly Circus. We went to supper - the Italian place Spaghetti House (I like it, okay?). I had salmon, he had pizza. We then went to a movie at Cineworld right there off of Piccadilly Circus. We saw Percy Jackson at his suggestion. Our chatting went okay, no awkward lulls, which is always nice. He's a pretty good guy, or seems like it, with a firm grasp on the concept of sarcasm. He's also shorter than me, which is a bit odd, average in the looks department which is no big deal, and works as a procurement analyst.

We've been texting sporadically since. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment